Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Chapter Four

For those of you who are counting, or for those of you who are just interested, I'm currently in the middle of Chapter Four.

I have a feeling it's going to spill over into Chapter Five, which is fine, because Chapters four, five, and six, are all kind of tied directly together with each other. They're the most chronological chapters in the book, and now that I look at my synopsis, I may have left each chapter a little thin when it comes to plot points. So the fact that some of four may spill into five and five into six, seems like it's going to be a good thing.

The book is really getting going now. It's amazing how the momentum of the story itself is just taking over as I write it.

I even want to write it faster. Unfortunately, it still takes just as long to write each chapter as it ever has.

Anyway, I intend to finish off Chapter Four tomorrow.

I now have two readers in my office, and now they've both become involved in the story, and they keep asking/pressuring me to get the next chapters written.

It's stressful, but awesome. Especially when I consider the fact that their outside influence is keeping on track, and forcing me keep writing.

I can't wait till this manuscript is done.

How awesome is THAT going to feel?

J.J.

No comments: