Thursday, June 15, 2006

Once Upon a Time...

I am excited to announce that I begin work on the first chapter of Role of a Lifetime this coming weekend.

I should have some kind of draft ready for you all to read some time next week.

This is very exciting for me.

As a kid I was obsessed with soap operas. I loved everything about them. Especially, the way you had to keep tuning in to find out what was going to happen next. The way characters came and went, and how they related to each other. And, of course, the surpirses; the ones you DIDN'T see coming because every once in a while the writers WERE just one step ahead of you.

I tried to do this myself.

You see, in order to write out my trauma (though I didn't know it at the time), I started writing my own soap operas.

I created: Our Lifetime, Search for a Lifetime, Our Family Secrets, and various other bits and pieces.

Although, I have to note that I somehow never got passed about ten episodes a piece. I would always get bored.

I wrote these with the full intention of getting the school video camera, and film my friends acting out all the parts.

It never happened.

Another of my life's unfulfilled achievements.

So now, here I am, with a new start, and a new direction. Even though nearly 20 years have passed since I typed my last "fade out", my passion for writing, romance, and the continuing story have not wained.

And now I'm writing for a living. (Or at least working on it.)

And here's where I need your help.

As some of you know, I am remarkably adept at NOT finishing things I start.

So, when I finish each chapter and send it out to some of you folks, I'm asking you to keep on my butt, in case I get sidetracked, preoccupied, or just bored, and stop writing.

I hope that since I have a responsibility to all of you, my readers, to keep the chapters coming , I will actually COMPLETE something I've started.

And together we'll both get to experience the excitement of a story, as it continues to come to life.

Now, back to my story, already in progress.

J.J



No comments: