Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Chapter Six

It's been AGES since I posted an update on this site.

I've been awfully busy, as any of you who've been following jamesandthecity.blogspot.com.

Travelling here and there, and working on getting my life together.

Well, I wrote Chapter Six and though it was short, I quite like the way it put a certain part of the plot back on track.

I'd spent so much time with Maggie and Glen recently, just getting them from moment to moment, that I was unable to address someof the larger issues in their relationship.

So now I'm getting to represent the essential conflicts in the story, and bring back some of the supporting characters.

Helena for one. Maggie's mother for another. And the best friend Sandy. She hasn't made an appearance since Chapter Two or Three, I think.

I'm currently working on Chapter Seven, and hopefully will get it finished some time in the next week.

And all you lucky readers will get a chance to see what else happens next in the lives of Glen and Maggie.

In fact, I'm qute interested to see how things turn out, because they've started to take over the story a bit, and they're starting to lead me into some new territory I hadn't considered when I was plotting the chapters.

The book may not end the way I had planned it.

Now all of you and I really ARE on this journey together.

Soon.

J.J

No comments: